New England Youth Theatre (NEYT)
PROGRAM COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
NEYT fosters the growth of young people through the practice of theatre arts in a welcoming, youth-centered community.
NEYT is a where theater professionals partner with students in all aspects of creating dramatic works. Mentorship, collaboration, and community building are at the heart of everything we do.
NEYT is the proud owner of a 12,000 sq. ft. building, with a 140-seat theater, lighting booth, four classrooms, green room, costume and set shops, lobby, and box office. NEYT offers theater training for students ages 7-19 through productions, classes and apprenticeships.
For more information and a full description of our programs, visit www.neyt.org
Job title: Program Coordinator
Job classification: Full Time, flexible hours
Reports to: Executive Director
The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the educational programming and outreach initiatives of NEYT. They will carry out tasks necessary to develop, implement, administer, track, report, document, monitor and promote these activities.
This position serves as Mentor Advisor to NEYT’s student leadership group and facilitates the growth of all students in our programs.
• Collaborate on and provide administrative support for the development, planning, implementation, and monitoring of NEYT programs and activities.
• Develop and coordinate written materials related to project goals, descriptions, educational materials, training manuals, audience development, and newsletters as appropriate.
• Create and administer evaluation methods to ensure programmatic growth
• Maintain program/project records and statistical information
• Coordinate training of summer teaching staff and core faculty meetings
• Implement strategies to increase regional contacts
• Assist with grants and fundraising activities as appropriate
• Serve as Mentor Advisor to student leadership group
• Manage and implement NEYT’s outreach programs and initiatives including:
• TOWN SCHOOLS THEATRE program and expansion
• WINTER SPORTS
• Organize and chaperone travelling performances in region
• Co-ordinate in-school residencies and workshops
• Help build and maintain positive relationships and collaborative partnerships with area organizations and schools and our families
• Serve as main contact with schools
• Coordinate & implement PARENT & FAMILY outreach activities & communications
• Identify and coordinate educational tie-ins with programming
• Support fundraising efforts for outreach programs
• Serve as Assistant Director/co-teacher for Junior Programming Mainstage Productions.
• Opportunity for additional teaching projects.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for theatre arts education, a collaborative energy, experience managing multiple projects, an imaginative approach to problem solving, relationship building, and business growth.
The Program Coordinator will be thoroughly committed to NEYT’s mission and values. The successful candidate will be comfortable and committed to working with school-aged children. Desirable experience and characteristics include:
• Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with a diverse group of people
• Compassionate and collaborative approach to working with students, families, and staff.
• Motivated, self-directed self-starter
• Creative, optimistic, and flexible team player
• Ability to be attentive to details and the “big picture” simultaneously.
• Willingness to share essential functions as part of a team, including but not limited to: answering the phone, office maintenance, and excellent customer service.
• Familiarity with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Drive, social media platforms.
• Broad understanding of theatre arts training
• Degree in theatre, education, or related field preferred
• At least 5 years of theater experience
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.