New England Youth Theatre (NEYT)
FACILITIES COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
NEYT fosters the growth of young people through the practice of theatre arts in a welcoming, youth-centered community.
NEYT is a where theater professionals partner with students in all aspects of creating dramatic works. Mentorship, collaboration, and community building are at the heart of everything we do.
NEYT is the proud owner of a 12,000 sq. ft. building, with a 140-seat theater, lighting booth, four classrooms, green room, costume and set shops, lobby, and box office. NEYT offers theater training for students ages 7-19 through productions, classes and apprenticeships.
For more information and a full description of our programs, visit www.neyt.org
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Michelle Meima
Job title: Facilities Coordinator
Contract: part-time, 15-20 hours
Reports to: Director Of Operations
This individual is responsible for maintaining the buildings and grounds of NEYT and overseeing the upkeep of equipment and supplies. This includes janitorial and general maintenance tasks for this year round producing theater.
• Manage building & grounds maintenance
• Daily janitorial tasks including upkeep of theater and classroom spaces
• Waste & Recycling, plowing service coordination
• Care of walkways (shovel & de-ice walkways)
• Updating Marquee
• Overseeing landscaping tasks
• Annual building & maintenance tasks
• Order products and supplies as needed.
The Facilities Coordinator will be thorough, detail oriented, and proficient in general building maintenance skills. This person is comfortable with and committed to working around school age children. This position has room for advancement. Desirable experience and qualifications include:
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
• Compassionate and kind approach to students, families, and staff.
• Ability to work some flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.