2016 was a banner year for New England Youth Theatre, thanks to our students, staff, faculty, volunteers, partners, parents, and donors. Here are some highlights:
* More than 500 students participated in programs and productions that ranged from popular musical shows, like Mary Poppins, to specialized training in costume design.
* Sixty public school children benefited from NEYT's no-tuition in-school program that culminated with a weekend of performances at NEYT.
* Our tech and job skills programs are attracting more students than ever.
In short, we're growing and expanding,
This is why we believe now is the time to undergo a strategic planning process to make sure that we continue to offer you and other members of our community the kind of organization that enhances all who come within our orbit.
The goals of the planning process are:
* Hear, acknowledge, and respond to the voice of each an every NEYT stakeholder--whether that be a student, parent, staff member, faculty member, alumni, or community member.
* Ensure our future work is solidly rooted in the mission of NEYT, to educate the hearts,minds, bodies and voices of youth of all abilities through the dramatic arts.
* Provide a guide for development and sustainability of NEYT for the next five years.
As a first step, we will be organizing a series of focus groups. There are four times that we will offer sessions. Please click here (https://goo.gl/forms/86u5HsAV0ymOJlGi2) to RSVP for one of the groups. We want your voice in the mix. You have something important to say and we want to hear it. If you can't participate in the groups, don't worry because there are other ways to participate. We will also be sending out questionnaires next week to gather feedback. Stay tuned for that.
And one more thing, if you don't mind. PLEASE forward this email invitation to anyone you know who cares about NEYT and our community; they do not have to be affiliated with NEYT. We are looking forward to your participation in this valuable process.
Board President, NEYT