Young people have the confidence and skills they need to be active participants in creating healthy communities.
NEYT fosters the growth of young people through the practice of theatre arts in a welcoming, youth-centered community.
NEYT helps young people thrive in a community that is focused on them. The staff, faculty and young people join together to tap and cultivate their creative potential. Experienced mentors empower young people in the development of a nurturing environment for themselves and their peers. NEYT is for youth and by youth.
NEYT is welcoming of people of diverse backgrounds and abilities. We are dedicated to having a physical space that is accessible and programs that are open to all youth in our community. We value the contributions of everyone who enters the theatre.
• High-quality practice in theatre arts
NEYT offers students the opportunity to build confidence through acquiring tangible skills in the broad range of theatre arts. We recruit and retain high-quality artists, educators, and staff who support students in creating brave, exemplary theatre experiences.
NEYT is a place where youth experience and express the joy of creativity with others. Youth and adults at NEYT actively ignite their imaginations and build on the fun of making friends and producing theatre together.
• Create access to a diversity of dramatic material and programs in performance, design, and technical learning opportunities. So that...students have a broader range of experience; sustain people who are interested in other areas of theatre arts; increase participation
• Tell the story of the impact of NEYT’s diversity of programs to the widest audience possible. So that...increase enrollment, attendance and donations; increase visibility of NEYT; recruit diverse student populations
• Assess and plan use of existing and potential space. So that...the asset is used most efficiently; it does not limit program; creates new opportunities for new types of theatre
• Create an organizational environment and structure that maximizes the talents and expertise of staff and faculty, where they feel valued and are compensated the appropriately. So that...people get to work on what feeds them; people get fair wages; people have defined roles that help create boundaries
• Ensure NEYT’s financial sustainability by a variety of mechanisms, including but not limited to fundraising, ticket sales, program income, grant writing, etc. So that...we can keep doing what we are doing; be more accessible to a diversity of students; art is a vital part of our community